Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions of an Agreement between you, the person making the booking, and referred in these terms and conditions as ‘the Guest' and us, Perfect Stays Limited, whose registered address is at 1a Eddystone Road, Wadebridge, Cornwall PL27 7AL.
- Perfect Stays Limited (‘Perfect Stays') only ever acts as an Agent for property owners in the exclusive letting of their properties to guests. Perfect Stays lets the property or properties and makes all letting arrangements on behalf of the owner and the letting by the owner and the taking by you of the property for the letting period is a contract direct between you, the guest, and the property owner who remains throughout responsible for supplying to you the property in the condition stated by the owner.
- 1. Bookings shall be made by telephone on 01208 895570
2. Guests can provisionally reserve a property via the Perfect Stays website which can be found at www.perfectstays.co.uk, but any provisional booking must be confirmed by telephone. Properties provisionally booked will be held for a period of 24 hours and then released, without further reminder, if not confirmed by payment of the required deposit.
3. Bookings are only confirmed when a deposit has been paid and you have received a booking confirmation in writing by e-mail or post. On payment of the deposit you, the guest, are confirming that you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
4. Perfect Stays require details of all persons in the party who will be occupying the property, including names and ages and the provision of this information is a pre-requirement of acceptance of the booking by Perfect Stays.
5. Perfect Stays regret that they cannot accept bookings from:-
. Any person under the age of 25.
. Parties where the majority of the members are under the age of 25, with the exception of families or supervised groups.
- 1. In the case of all bookings made more than 6 weeks prior to the commencement date of the letting, the guests must pay a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total rental charge, together with a booking fee of £25.00. The balance is then due 6 weeks before the commencement date.
2. Bookings made within 6 weeks of the first letting date must be paid in full, together with the required cautionary deposit and the booking fee of £25.00.
3. In respect of any booking made within 6 weeks of the commencement of the letting date, payment in full will be required of all concierge services specified and requested by the guest at the time of the booking.
- You will be required at the time of making your final payment to provide us with a cautionary deposit of between £500-£3,000, which is property specific and will be advised to you at the time of booking, as a deposit to cover damage, loss or loss of rental as a result of the conduct of the guest or members of the guest's party or any other person authorised to enter the property at the guest's invitation or authority. Guests are liable for loss and damage caused to the owners property and contents to the full value of the owners’ loss even though the value of the loss a) exceeds the damage deposit and b) may not be covered by the owner’s insurance cover.
It is also a requirement of the conditions of booking that you will leave the property in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the letting period.
- In cases where you have paid a deposit, the final balance of the accommodation costs, together with provision of the cautionary deposit and any additional costs in respect of pets or concierge services must be paid by you in full not less than 6 weeks before the first date of the holiday period. You will receive a reminder at the time of booking indicating the date when the full amount is due and Perfect Stays regret that if the balance of the payment is not paid on or by the due date, then Perfect Stays reserves the right to cancel the reservation, retain any deposit and booking fee paid by you and look to you, the guest, to pay the outstanding balance owed.
1. The cautionary deposit will be refunded to you within 14 days of departure provided no damage has been caused to the property, its contents, fixtures/fittings etc. The cautionary deposit does not limit your liability to damages etc. If the damage claim exceeds the cautionary deposit paid, then you are required to settle this within 7 days of being notified of the total amount. If you are to claim the amount from any personal insurance based scheme, then Perfect Stays will provide you with all the documentation required but you must still settle the claim personally within the 7 day term.
- All reservations by guests resident outside of the United Kingdom must be made in pounds sterling using a credit or debit card and our card charges will reflect any increased charges imposed on Perfect Stays by your card provider.
Perfect Stays advise you that it is important that you should consider taking out holiday insurance to be able to recover your costs in the event that you have to cancel your holiday for a good reason. Perfect Stays can recommend insurers to you at the time of booking if you do not already have cover.
1. On cancellation of a booking, you remain responsible for the total cost of the holiday, unless Perfect Stays are able to resell the dates you have cancelled.
2. All cancellations must be notified to Perfect Stays prior to the commencement date of the holiday letting.
3. In the event that you, the guest, cancel your holiday, then the following refunds will apply in respect of all monies paid by you * excepting the non-returnable deposit, booking fee and any credit/debit card charges:-
. 0-14 days - of your start date = zero refund
. 15-30 days- of your start date = 25% of your booking excluding * as above
. 31-41 days- of your start date = 40% of your booking excluding * as above
. 42 days or more- cancellation charges will be limited to retention of the non-returnable deposit plus the booking fee and any credit/debit card charges.
4. Once a booking has been accepted and processed by Perfect Stays then if you, the guest, decide you would like to change the booking to another property, then this will be treated on the same terms as a cancellation and the full cancellation charges set out above will apply.
5. Should you, as the guest, wish to occupy the same property but at a different date and at the same tariff, then if this is possible, an administration charge of £25.00 will apply to alter the terms of the booking. Should the tariff be different, either higher or lower, then any additional credit/debit card charges would also be payable.
6. Any other changes to the terms of a booking other than trivial clerical changes will incur an administration fee of £25.00.
7. If for any reason, beyond the control of the owner of the property, the property is unavailable for example because of flood, fire damage or other circumstances, then Perfect Stays will provide you, the guest, with at least 4 weeks notice of non-availability where ever possible.
8. Perfect Stays, where possible, will try and provide alternative accommodation and if no alternative is available, a full refund will be provided to you, even if this is up to the day of the start of your stay.
9. Neither the owner or Perfect Stays will be liable for any form of damages, compensation or expenses claimed by the guest in respect of the non-availability of accommodation, except as provided for by a refund as set out above.
- You will occupy the property for the purposes of your stay only and for no other purpose. The property will normally be available to you from 4.30pm on the first day of the accommodation booked. All guests and occupiers, luggage, property, vehicles etc must vacate the property completely by 10.00 am on the last date of the accommodation letting. If a guest fails to vacate the property by this time, then Perfect Stays reserve the right to take further charges from the cautionary deposit held to cover the extra period of occupation and to compensate for the extended cleaning arrangement caused by the delay.
1. All windows and doors must be checked and securely locked. Keys must be returned to the key safe and locked properly. In the event that keys are not returned, then a charge will be incurred by you to cover locksmith costs to change locks and replace keys.
2. You, the guest, are responsible for leaving the property in a clean and tidy condition. All waste must be removed, correctly bagged and placed in bins provided and any failure to remove and bag waste may incur a further charge taken from the cautionary deposit.
3. You, the guest, shall not permit the property to be occupied by more than the maximum number of persons stated in each property description.
4. The guest who has booked the property must occupy it for the purposes of a stay for themselves and not with any other person not named on the booking form unless otherwise agreed at the time of booking.
5. All prices quoted include electricity, gas and water and use of property equipment and amenities. The use of a telephone is not normally included in the accommodation price and if you do use a telephone, you are expected to place appropriate monies in the honesty box provided by the owner.
6. You, the guest, can request additional housekeeping services for an additional charge. Bookings for this service must be made prior to the holiday start and are subject to availability.
7. Bed linen and towels are included in the price. If a party is staying for 14 days then guests will receive cleaning, fresh linen and towels on or around the end of the first week.
8. Perfect Stays provides a telephone concierge as part of its service. You are welcome to use this service for the booking of restaurants, attractions and the like. Perfect Stays would expect a guest to use no more than three hours of the concierge service per week. All services booked and paid in advance by Perfect Stays will be reimbursed by the guest. Any concierge services requiring the use of a company vehicle will incur a charge of 50p per mile, in addition to the cost of the service booked.
9. Perfect Stays can and will agree additional concierge service provision over and above the inclusive amount set out above at an hourly rate to be agreed together with reasonable expenses and outgoings. Payment of additional concierge services by debit or credit card may incur a handling fee dependent on the type of card used.
- You, the guest, agree with Perfect Stays as follows:-
Deductions from the cautionary deposit will be taken in those cases where a cleaning
charge is incurred due to you, the guest, having failed to leave the accommodation in good order and clean condition. Minimum charging rate for carrying out additional cleaning and traces left by pets will be £25.20 per hour including VAT.
A charge will be applied for any rubbish that you have failed to correctly bag, remove from the property or place in the correct bins provided on your departure.
The expense of putting right any damage or loss caused excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during your stay even if the sum proves to be in excess of the cautionary deposit.
Any charge for linen or towels damaged as a result of products used or applied by the guest, in particular make-up and fake tan or if any item is found to be missing from the property.
- You, the guest, agree:-
Not to cause nuisance, excessive noise or annoyance to occupiers of neighbouring properties.
To allow reasonable access to the property by anyone authorised by the owner and in particular to Perfect Stays.
- If in the opinion of the owner or Perfect Stays you, the guest, are not deemed suitable to continue occupation of the property because of your behaviour or damage to the property or nuisance to other parties, then this agreement may be terminated without notice and the owner or Perfect Stays will be entitled to repossess the property immediately without any compensation to you. Perfect Stays reserves the right to refuse bookings for whatever reason.
- Some of the properties handled by Perfect Stays are older or heritage properties where Perfect Stays cannot guarantee that there may not be damp, insects and spiders and you should be aware that it is impossible to eliminate these factors entirely from an older property and that Perfect Stays and the owner cannot be held responsible in respect of any particular sensitivity the guest may have to these issues.
- Perfect Stays do not normally let properties where dogs are permitted unless by prior agreement of the owner and Perfect Stays, together with a cost of £25.00 per dog, per week, for the holiday accommodation period. You, the guest, agree that you will do the following in respect of occupation of the property by your pets, where they are permitted:-
No more than two dogs may occupy the property at any one time.
All dogs should be kept under strict control at all times whilst on the property.
Dogs shall not be permitted in the bedrooms, bathrooms or to go onto furniture.
Dogs shall not be left in the property unattended or in your vehicle outside of the property at anytime.
Should dogs be left unattended and disturb guests, then this may be deemed as unreasonable behaviour and warrant an invitation for you to vacate the property.
Any fouling of internal areas shall be professionally cleaned and the cost borne by the guest.
Any fouling of lawns, paths or outside surfaces shall be cleared up without delay, by you the guest. Failure to do this will result in additional charges being made which will be recovered from the cautionary deposit.
Guests should provide dogs bedding and necessary equipment, including food and water bowls, including towels.
Dogs should only be left at night in the area indicated in the properties guest information folder.
The following breeds of dog are not permitted even where muzzled as required by law:- American Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Fila Brasileiro, Doga Argentino.
- All properties handled by Perfects Stays are subject to a strict no-smoking policy and any damage caused to the property or its contents by smoke or cigarette burns to cover damages, costs and cleaning of the property may be deducted from the cautionary deposit. Smoking is permitted outside the property on condition that all cigarette butts and ash are cleared and disposed of, by you, the guest, before departure.
- Parking instructions for the relevant property are included in the property description and such instructions and limitations shall be strictly adhered to by you, the guest. All vehicles are parked at the guest's risk and neither the property owner nor Perfect Stays shall be liable for any damage to the vehicle or theft of personal items stored in it, or parking fines/clamping.
- A property information section is included in the guest information folder provided at the property by the owner. You are advised to read the property information section upon your arrival at the property and familiarise yourself with the operation of safety, electrical and other equipment in accordance with any guidance provided. The information is provided to make your stay a safe and happy one, but no liability can be accepted by Perfect Stays for the content of the property information and your reliance on it.
- If you, the guest, feel you have a reason for complaint, then you should notify Perfect Stays immediately so that steps can be taken for remedial action. Perfect Stays are expected to act on behalf of the owner in dealing with your complaint quickly and efficiently and if you do not complain at the time when you are staying at the property, by leaving it until after your stay has ended, then Perfect Stays and the owner cannot provide any form of compensation as you would have not given Perfect Stays an opportunity to remedy the matters you have complained of.
- If you, the guest, or any members of your party leave any personal belongings inside the property you will be charged the cost of postage and packaging and an admin fee to have them returned to you. Any items found by the servicing company responsible for the property will be disposed of within 7 days if not claimed. All perishable foods will automatically be disposed of at the time of the changeover.
- Perfect Stays will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of the owner or any other person not within their employ or otherwise under their control for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to personal property which the guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the occupation of the property unless Perfect Stays is responsible. In addition, the owners and Perfect Stays accept no liability for loss or damage to the guest's possessions on the owner's property or land.
- The owners provide Perfect Stays with descriptions of their properties and the facilities and every effort is made by Perfect Stays to ensure that information provided to you, the guest, is accurate and not misleading, but Perfect Stays cannot accept any liability or responsibility for mis-description by the owner in its material or publications.
- We, Perfect Stays and you, the guest, agree that the law applying to this Contract will be English law and that we agree that the jurisdiction of the English Courts shall apply in any dispute or claim arising out of this agreement.
- Should the property be rented by you as part of a film project, you will be required prior to acceptance of the booking by Perfect Stays to describe the nature and content of the proposed film. Perfect Stays reserve the right to refuse a booking and to require guests and occupier/s to leave the property forthwith if the nature of the film project is not as described at the time of the booking. This includes the making of pornography, portraying and/or representing material which is defamatory in any way or involves the depiction and/or representation of any unlawful act.