Win a family ticket to Porthilly Spirit Festival near Rock
Embrace the Porthilly Spirit
To celebrate the festival’s debut year, we’ve teamed up with Porthilly Spirit to give away a family ticket for two adults and two children on the day of your choice. Fill out the form above to enter and read the full terms and conditions below. *Competition now closed.*
Held between 24th – 26th May on Trefresa Farm near Rock and Padstow, Porthilly Spirit is a fantastic new lifestyle festival showcasing the very best of Cornwall. Designed as a space to unplug and reconnect, enjoy live music, al fresco feasting and a whole host of workshops covering everything from watersports to wellbeing.
An unforgettable music line-up
Headlining the festival’s carefully curated soundtrack and promising a magnificent set, master showman Tom Odell will be taking to the stage on Saturday 25th May, performing toe-tapping tracks from his career-defining third album, Jubilee Road. Porthilly Spirit’s string of talented musicians continues with exhilarating live sets from BBC 6Music’s Gilles Peterson and Irish indie folk band Villagers, as well as the hypnotic rhythms of Songhoy Blues, amongst others.
From watersports to wellbeing
Designed to be a magical Cornish experience for the whole family, there’s plenty going on at Trefresa to suit all tastes and ages. Join an action-packed Wavehunters programme and take to the water with surf lessons or a sea safari, drop into a workshop with the children and learn kitemaking and bushcraft, or simply zen out on the beach in a yoga session with Nadia Narain. Fitness fanatics will have plenty to add to their itinerary across the weekend, from beach boxing and total body circuits to stand up paddle boarding and beach HIIT.
A haven for festival foodies
With a host of Cornish companies working together to celebrate dining in great outdoors, the festival’s food and drink programme promises a real feast for the senses. Whether you’re enjoying foraging and wild cookery with Thom Hunt or relaxing with a picnic under the shade of a tree, Porthilly Spirit will be bursting with culinary delights. Take your seat at the longest table in Cornwall and savour a communal feast with Simon Stallard from The Hidden Hut, sample the county’s finest tipples with gin and wine tastings or pick up top tips from vegetarian cookery sensation Anna Jones.
A picture-perfect setting
Trefresa Farm sits just a 20 minute stroll along the footpath from Porthilly Beach and within walking distance of Rock, with Padstow a short ferry ride away. Surrounded by North Cornwall’s picturesque coast and country, it’s no wonder site owner Will Hermann chose to plant roots in Porthilly. We caught up with Will to hear what attracted him to buy in this part of the county.
I’ve been coming for years, I got married in Cornwall. I heard about this amazing farm and I’ve never seen anything like it. I just had to buy it.
While finishing touches are made to the farm before May, the site is set to undergo a transformation after the festival. Staying true to its Cornish roots, exciting plans are in the pipeline to develop a hotel, spa, distillery and Cornwall’s first open air cinema, all of which will be open to day guests. And plans for Trefresa’s future are already beginning to bloom…
I’m usually a build and sell developer but I’ve been looking for something I can build and keep in the long term. The farm is beautiful and just lends itself to a hotel and distillery.
Make a week of it with a luxury stay nearby
Running across the first weekend of May half term, embrace the opportunity to combine Porthilly Spirit with a week’s holiday. Some of our north coast holiday homes are available, including The Nook near Rock, Waters Edge in Mawgan Porth and Callywith in Cardinham.
Don’t forget to enter our competition above for your chance to win tickets to Porthilly Spirit Festival this May. Good luck! *Competition now closed.*
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over
- The competition prize is a family day ticket for 2 adults and 2 children. This can be redeemed for any one day of the festival (24th, 25th or 26th May 2019). The prize does not include camping, food, any bookable activities or travel costs to and from the festival
- Tickets will be emailed to the winner at least one week before the event and must be printed with the names of the ticket holders. Photo ID will be required upon entry to the festival
- The competition prize cannot be exchanged for any other or a cash alternative
- The closing date for the competition is 5pm on Friday 5th April 2019. The winner will be selected at random by Perfect Stays and contacted by the end of Saturday 6th April. The decision of Perfect Stays is final
- On the occasion that the winner does not respond by Wednesday 10th April, Perfect Stays reserves the right to reallocate the competition prize to a second winner selected by a new random draw
- Employees and relations of employees of Perfect Stays may not take part
- For festival specific Terms and Conditions, please visit the Porthilly Spirit website here.