This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our website. It will also inform you about recording of telephone calls.
You can contact us about how we process your data at any time using the following contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01208 895570. Please get in touch if your personal information changes at any time.
Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to Perfect Stays Ltd. via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation;
GDPR: the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
Perfect Stays Ltd., we or us: Perfect Stays Ltd., a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 07436644 whose registered office is at 10b Palmers Way,, Trenant Ind. Est., Wadebridge, Cornwall, PL27 6HB;
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Perfect Stays Ltd. and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Perfect Stays Ltd. and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, https://www.perfectstays.co.uk/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Perfect Stays Ltd. is the "data controller". This means that Perfect Stays Ltd. determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. date of birth;
c. contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
d. Postal addresses including home address and holiday accommodation address;
e. financial information such as credit/debit card numbers;
f. IP address (automatically collected);
g. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
h. operating system (automatically collected);
This may include names and ages of minors under the age of 13. These are required for booking accommodation if they are to stay in the property and are given to us by you for the purposes of fulfilling the contract.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you.
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Perfect Stays Ltd. will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail, live chat or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to make a booking or to host your property on our website;
c. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
d. when you consent to receive marketing communications from us;
e. when you use our services;
f. when you message or post on our social media channels
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products & services;
c. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll usually ask for your consent, but may occasionally also use our legitimate interests, those being for the purpose of promotion of our business in accordance of our legitimate interests assessment where that interest will be balanced against your rights.
If you are not satisfied with our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, or make a booking for any accommodation listed on the website, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
13. If you do not provide us with the data requested for the performance of the contract of booking accommodation, we will not be able to successfully act as the agent between property owner and guest.
14. We will only use your personal data for the purpose it was collected for.
Who we share Data with
15. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to manage user accounts and administer the business, to match up owners and guests or potential guests and for the general maintenance of the system;
b. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly;
c. the other party in the booking contract, be it the accommodation owner if you’re making a booking, or the booked guests if you’re offering your home for rent,
d. Government bodies that we are required to report to under law
Keeping Data secure
16. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
c. payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
17. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
18. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
19. From time to time, we may record telephone calls so that we can:
a. Provide evidence of all stages of a business transaction
b. Ensure that a business complies with any necessary regulatory procedures
c. Secure the effective operation of the telecom system
d. Ensure effective training and quality purposes
You will always be informed on the call before we start recording, giving you the option to opt out if you so wish.
21. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
22. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
23. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
24. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
25. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the United Kingdom and European Economic Area
26. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the UK and European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the UK or EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the UK or EEA.
27. We will only transfer Data outside the UK or EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
28. To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
31. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
32. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
36. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
37. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
“The Young Family, Colchester | Trustpilot - Stayed at Tregoose
My family's experience with Perfect Stays was absolutely perfect. We stayed at Tregoose, which was an amazing property which was extremely well equipped! All information was communicated clearly and timely, if we had any questions, the team were very responsive and helpful. I would fully recommend Tregoose and Perfect Stays to everyone!”