Join our team
We’re often on the lookout for hardworking, creative and adaptable people who share our passion for customer service and luxury travel. If you’re interested in joining Perfect Stays® and believe your skills and experience will add value to our team, then please view our vacancies below or email us on email@example.com.
Overview of the role:
We are recruiting for a competent Finance Officer with experience in a similar role, to perform a variety of both administration and accounts tasks to support our growing digital business.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a buzzing office environment and have a high attention to detail, with the ability to problem solve effectively. Being able to work confidently and use own initiative, both individually and as part of a team, are required.
The role will involve working closely with the Finance Manager and Senior Finance Officer, as well as members of the wider sales and owner teams, therefore someone with a can-do attitude, good team spirit and strong communication skills are essential.
This role will involve possible Saturday working when workload requires. In these instances, a day off will be provided during the week.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Support the Senior Finance Officer and Finance Manager with all financial aspects of the business
• Daily reconciliation of bank accounts and booking system to Sage records
• Ensuring the purchase ledger is kept up to date by coding and inputting invoices, checking statements and processing the supplier payment run
• Recording recharges and minus recharges on owner accounts in order to prepare and finalise monthly owner payment run
• Producing financial booking reports for owners and wider members of the team
• Keeping HR documents up to date and sending out documents and policies for signature.
• Assisting with monthly payroll
• Assisting with year-end accounts
• General administration, scanning, filing, and supporting the successful running of the business
Skills and experience:
• AAT Level 3 or equivalent
• Minimum two years administration experience
• High level of attention to detail and numerical accuracy
• Good telephone and email communication skills, including good spelling and grammar is essential
• Excellent organisations skills
• Ability to work well under pressure to deadlines
• Previous Sage 50 and accounts experience is desirable
• Previous customer service experience is beneficial but not essential
• Fully IT literate in all areas including email, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Have own transportation and full driving licence
What we offer:
• Spacious modern office
• Ongoing training and development
• 28 days holiday
• Increased benefits linked to position and length of service
• Quarterly team afternoons
• Occasional team stays at new properties that join our portfolio
• Team 'Health, Wellbeing and Environmental Ambassadors' for a healthier work environment
• Excellent career opportunities within a growing company
• Opportunity to work in a professional, dynamic and fun working environment
£19,000 - £21,000 pa starting salary depending on experience, with a review upon successful completion of the initial probation period.
How to apply:
Please email a covering letter to Finance Manager, Simon Parnell, telling us why you would like to work for us and what you think you could bring to the role, together with an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
“The Williams Family, Hertfordshire | November 2020, Trustpilot - Stayed at The Yellow Cottage
Because of Covid I had to transfer my 70th birthday celebrations with the family from this month, to January next year.
Lindsay at Perfect Stays was fantastic, she was calm, empathic but very professional. She contacted the owners of the cottage we had booked with, to ask them if this second transfer was at all possible. She kept me informed of all the steps that were taking place. I would like to thank Lindsay and the owners for their understanding.
I cannot praise Perfect Stays enough for setting my mind at rest and sorting out a very stressful situation. I would highly recommend Perfect Stays.”