These are the terms and conditions of an Agreement between you, the person making the booking, and referred in these terms and conditions as ‘the Guest’ and us, Perfect Stays Limited, acting as agent on behalf of the owner of this property. Our trading address is: 10b Palmers Way, Trenant Industrial Estate, Wadebridge, Cornwall PL27 6HB
1. Perfect Stays Limited (‘Perfect Stays’) only ever acts as an Agent for property owners in the exclusive letting of their properties to guests. Perfect Stays lets the property or properties and makes all letting arrangements on behalf of the owner and the letting by the owner and the taking by you of the property for the letting period is a contract direct between you, the guest, and the property owner who remains throughout responsible for supplying to you the property in the condition stated by the owner.
2.1 Bookings shall be made by telephone on 01208 895570
2.2 Guests can provisionally reserve a property via the Perfect Stays website which can be found at www.perfectstays.co.uk, but any provisional booking must be confirmed by telephone. Properties can be provisionally booked and will be held for a maximum period of 20 hours unless otherwise agreed with Perfect Stays, and will be automatically released without further reminder, if not confirmed by payment of the required deposit.
2.3. Bookings are only confirmed when a non-refundable deposit has been paid and you have received a booking confirmation in writing by e-mail. On payment of the deposit you, the guest, are confirming that you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
2.4 Perfect Stays require details of all persons in the party who will be occupying the property, including names and ages and the provision of this information is a pre-requirement of acceptance of the booking by Perfect Stays. If additional guests are joining and/or leaving between the booking dates, we also require their names and ages and on which nights they will be staying. Only persons named within the booking are authorised to stay at the property.
2.5 Perfect Stays regret that they cannot accept bookings from:-
– Any person under the age of 25 in houses/areas where we have/ there have been reported anti-social issues.
– Parties where the majority of the members are under the age of 25, in houses/areas noted above with the exception of families or supervised groups.
– Stag and hen parties.
– Large same sex groups at our discretion.
2.6 In the case of all bookings made more than 6 weeks prior to the commencement date of the letting, the guests must pay a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total rental charge. The balance is then due 6 weeks before the commencement date as well as the security deposit which will be taken as cleared funds.
2.7 Bookings made within 6 weeks of the first letting date must be paid in full, together with the required security deposit which will be taken as cleared funds.
Payments by Cards and Bank Transfers (BACS)
2.9. UK – Payments by debit cards attract a 0% card charge and credit cards are 2.5%. We do not charge a credit card charge on the security deposit payment unless we are charging against it. There is no charge to pay by BACS but when paying the balance by BACS, the security deposit must also be paid by BACS.
2.10. Overseas – All reservations by guests resident outside of the United Kingdom and without a UK bank account must be made in pounds sterling using a credit card or debit card. We will charge 2.5% on all credit card transactions (except for the security deposit).
2.11. Most of the owners that rent through Perfect Stays are not VAT rated so we do not charge VAT. If an owner is VAT rated then the prices displayed include VAT. You can see the VAT position of a property at the base of the price list, on the individual AVAILABILITY & COSTS page.
3. You will be required at the time of making your final payment to provide us with a security deposit of cleared funds between £500-£5,000, which is property specific and will be advised to you at the time of booking, as a deposit to cover damage, loss or loss of rental as a result of the conduct of the guest or members of the guest’s party or any other person authorised to enter the property at the guest’s invitation or authority. Guests are liable for loss and damage caused to the owners property and contents to the full value of the owners’ loss even if the value of the loss a) exceeds the damage deposit and b) may not be covered by the owner’s insurance cover. It is also a requirement of the conditions of booking that you will leave the property in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the letting period. Perfect Stays reserves the right to increase the security deposit if requested by an owner for reasonable reasons.
Balance Payments & Other Payment
4. In cases where you have paid a deposit, the final balance of the accommodation costs, together with provision of the security deposit and any additional costs in respect of pets etc. must be paid by you in full not less than 6 weeks before the first date of the holiday period. You will receive a reminder at the time of booking indicating the date when the full amount is due and Perfect Stays regret that if the balance of the payment is not paid on or by the due date, then Perfect Stays reserves the right to cancel the reservation, retain any deposit paid by you and look to you, the guest, to pay the outstanding balance owed. In certain circumstances, Perfect Stays reserves the right to increase the number of weeks in advance that a balance (not security deposit) is payable. This would normally be notified before accepting a deposit payment.
Security Deposit Refunds
5. The security deposit will normally be refunded to you within 14 days (often 7 days) of departure provided no damage has been caused to the property, its contents, fixtures/fittings etc. The security deposit does not limit your liability to damages etc. If the damage claim exceeds the security deposit paid, then you are required to settle this within 7 days of being notified of the total amount. If you are to claim the amount from any personal insurance based scheme, then Perfect Stays will provide you with all the documentation required but you must still settle the claim personally within the seven day term. Should deductions need to be made to resolve any damage, the balance of the security deposit may be refunded after the 14 day period.
6.0 Perfect Stays recommend that you take out suitable holiday insurance, to cover the total cost of your holiday, to be able to recover your costs in the event that you have to cancel your holiday for a good reason.
6.1 On cancellation of a booking following payment of the 30% non-refundable deposit only, you forfeit the 30% deposit paid and you remain responsible for the total cost of the holiday, unless Perfect Stays are able to resell the dates you have cancelled. We therefore advise you to take out holiday insurance to cover you for the full cost of the stay.
6.2 All cancellations must be notified to Perfect Stays, in writing, prior to the commencement date of the holiday letting.
6.3 Perfect Stays offers a 24 hour grace period from the time a booking is taken, as a ‘cooling off’ period. Should you wish to cancel your booking within this time, a full refund will be provided.
6.3 In the event that you, the guest, cancel your holiday after paying the final balance, then you forfeit the full holiday cost. We advise that you take out holiday insurance cover to protect you in the event that you can no longer make your stay.~
6.4 Once a booking has been accepted and processed by Perfect Stays then if you, the guest, decide you would like to change the booking to another property, then this will be treated on the same terms as a cancellation as set out above. The new property would then need to be booked separately with new payment taken for the non-refundable deposit applicable to the booking.
6.5 Should you, as the guest, wish to occupy the same property but at a different date and at the same tariff, then if this is possible, an administration charge of £30.00 will apply to alter the terms of the booking. This can only be offered at the discretion of Perfect Stays and the property owner. Should the tariff be higher, then any additional costs including credit/debit card charges would also be payable.
6.6 Any other changes to the terms of a booking other than trivial clerical changes will incur an administration fee of £30.00.
6.7 If for any reason, beyond the control of the owner of the property, the property is unavailable for example because of flood, fire damage or other circumstances, then Perfect Stays will provide you, the guest, with at least 4 week’s notice of non-availability where ever possible.
6.8 Perfect Stays, where possible, will try and provide alternative accommodation and if no alternative is available, a full refund will be provided to you, even if this is up to the day of the start of your stay.
6.9 Neither the owner nor Perfect Stays will be liable for any form of damages, compensation or expenses claimed by the guest in respect of the non-availability of accommodation, except as provided for by a refund as set out above.
Your Occupation and Late Arrival
7.0 You will occupy the property for the purposes of your stay only and for no other purpose. The property will normally be available to you from 4.30pm on the first day of the accommodation booked. All guests and occupiers, luggage, property, vehicles etc must vacate the property completely by 10.00 am on the last date of the accommodation letting. If a guest fails to vacate the property by this time, then Perfect Stays reserve the right to take further charges from the security deposit held to cover the extra period of occupation and to compensate for the extended cleaning arrangement caused by the delay.
7.1 All windows and doors must be checked and securely locked. Keys must be returned to the key safe and locked properly. In the event that keys are not returned, then a charge will be incurred by you to cover locksmith costs to change locks and replace keys.
7.2 You, the guest, are responsible for leaving the property in a clean and tidy condition. All waste must be removed, correctly bagged and placed in bins provided and any failure to remove and bag waste may incur a further charge taken from the security deposit.
7.3 You, the guest, shall not permit the property to be occupied by more than the maximum number of persons stated in each property description.
7.4 The guest who has booked the property must occupy it for the purposes of a stay for themselves and not with any other person not named on the booking form unless otherwise agreed at the time of booking.
7.5 All prices quoted include electricity, gas and water and use of property equipment and amenities. The use of a telephone is not normally included in the accommodation price and if you do use a telephone, you are expected to place appropriate monies in the honesty box provided by the owner.
7.6 Neither the owner or Perfect Stays will be liable for any form of damages, compensation or expenses claimed by any guest in respect of any Broadband services (Wi-Fi) or telephone services not being available or failing during any stay. If broadband is essential to you during a stay, we recommend that you have back up provisions such as mobile dongles. We do understand the importance of Broadband and will ensure that our property partners work to resolve any issues within their control.
7.7 You, the guest, can request additional housekeeping services for an additional charge. Bookings for this service must be made prior to the holiday start and are subject to availability.
7.8 Bed linen and towels are included in the price. If a party is staying for 14 days then guests will receive cleaning, fresh linen and towels on or around the end of the first week.
7.9 Perfect Stays provides a telephone concierge as part of its service. You are welcome to use this service for the booking of restaurants, attractions and the like. Perfect Stays would normally expect a guest to use no more than three hours of the concierge service per week.
7.10 A charge may be applied for any rubbish that you have failed to correctly bag, remove from the property or place in the correct bins provided on your departure.
7.11 You will be responsible for covering the costs of putting right any damage or loss caused excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during your stay even if the sum proves to be in excess of the security deposit.
7.12 You will be responsible for any charge for linen or towels damaged as a result of products used or applied by the guest, in particular make-up and fake tan or if any item is found to be missing from the property.
7.13 You, the guest, agree:-
– Not to cause nuisance, excessive noise or annoyance to occupiers of neighbouring properties.
– To allow reasonable access to the property by anyone authorised by the owner and in particular to Perfect Stays and any service providers.
7.14 The use of fireworks or any pyrotechnics are strictly prohibited at any Perfect Stays property and the land associated with it. This is applicable all year round and also includes New Year’s eve, Fireworks night, Diwali and the Chinese New Year.
7.15 If in the opinion of the owner or Perfect Stays you, the guest, are not deemed suitable to continue occupation of the property because of your behaviour or damage to the property or nuisance to other parties, then this agreement may be terminated without notice and the owner or Perfect Stays will be entitled to repossess the property immediately without any compensation to you. Perfect Stays reserves the right to refuse bookings for whatever reason.
7.16 Some properties may have specific house rules applicable which may include such items as; No shoes properties (houses with wooden floors), no stiletto shoes (houses with wooden floors) and specific usage of swimming pools and hot tubs. This is generally advised on booking and always referred to by the essential property information guide or at the house in the guest information folder/tablet.
7.17 Some of our properties have a meet and greet service which is available generally up to no later than 8pm. After 8 pm, separate arrangements can be made for access to some properties but some properties have strict contractual arrangements where they can only be made accessible by the property manager or owner. We reserve the right to make a charge for guests arriving later than 8pm of £ 50.00, We strongly recommend that all arrivals happen from 4:30pm to 6:30pm and we accept no liability if the tenant cannot access the property where no advance notice has been given.
Older & Heritage Properties
8. Some of the properties handled by Perfect Stays are older or heritage properties where Perfect Stays cannot guarantee that there may not be damp, insects and spiders and you should be aware that it is impossible to eliminate these factors entirely from an older property and that Perfect Stays and the owner cannot be held responsible in respect of any particular sensitivity the guest may have to these issues.
9. Perfect Stays let some properties where dogs are permitted by prior agreement of the owner and Perfect Stays, together with a cost of £50.00 per week for the first dog, £25 per dog per week for each dog thereafter, for the holiday accommodation period. Dogs must not be taken to properties or visit properties where they are not permitted, you, the guest, agree that you will do the following in respect of occupation of the property by your pets, where they are permitted:-
– No more than the number of dogs specified on our website may occupy the property at any one time.
– All dogs should be kept under strict control at all times whilst on the property.
– Dogs shall not be permitted in the bedrooms, bathrooms or to go onto furniture.
– Dogs shall not be left in the property unattended or in your vehicle outside of the property at any time.
– Should dogs be left unattended and disturb guests, then this may be deemed as unreasonable behaviour and could warrant eviction from the property.
– Any fouling of internal areas shall be professionally cleaned and the cost borne by the guest.
– Any fouling of lawns, paths or outside surfaces shall be cleared up without delay, by you the guest. Failure to do this will result in additional charges being made which will be recovered from the security deposit.
– Guests should provide dogs bedding and necessary equipment, including food and water bowls, including towels.
– Dogs should only be left at night in the area indicated in the properties guest information folder.
– The following breeds of dog are not permitted even where muzzled as required by law: – American Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Fila Brasileiro, Doga Argentino or any other dog breed at the discretion of Perfect Stays or the property owner.
Note: If anyone is allergic to dogs then we strongly recommend that they ring to discuss their chosen property with our reservations team. We do have a few properties where owners have dogs that stay with them but their houses do not allow dogs when renting to guests.
All properties handled by Perfects Stays are subject to a strict no-smoking policy. If there is found to be any damage caused to the property or its contents by smoke or burns you would be responsible for covering any costs associated with rectifying this. These costs would be deducted from your security deposit. Smoking is only permitted outside of the property, away from open doors and windows, on condition that all cigarette or cigar butts and ashes are cleared up and disposed of by you, the guest, before departure. If there is a smell of smoke inside the property you would be charged for any additional cleaning time required to rectify this.
11. Parking instructions for the relevant property are included in the property description and such instructions and limitations shall be strictly adhered to by you, the guest. All vehicles are parked at the guest’s risk and neither the property owner nor Perfect Stays shall be liable for any damage to the vehicle or theft of personal items stored in it, or parking fines/clamping.
Guest Information Folder or Tablet
12. A property information section is included in the guest information folder or tablet provided at the property by the owner. You are advised to read the property information section upon your arrival at the property and familiarise yourself with the operation of safety, electrical and other equipment in accordance with any guidance provided. The information is provided to make your stay a safe and happy one, but no liability can be accepted by Perfect Stays for the content of the property information and your reliance on it.
You are responsible for familiarising yourself with the health & safety information relevant to the property that you are staying in. You will find all the necessary information within the Guest Information Folder or Tablet at the property. Please pay particular attention to pool or hot tub details if applicable.
13. If you, the guest, feel you have a reason for complaint, then you should notify Perfect Stays immediately so that steps can be taken for remedial action. Perfect Stays are expected to act on behalf of the owner in dealing with your complaint quickly and efficiently and if you do not complain at the time when you are staying at the property, by leaving it until after your stay has ended or at a later date during your stay, then Perfect Stays and the owner cannot provide any form of compensation as you would have not given Perfect Stays an opportunity to remedy the matters you have complained of. All of our properties provide a 24 hour call out service and the necessary contact telephone numbers are given on the essential information property guide and at the house in the guest information folder or tablet.
Personal Belongings Left Behind
14. If you, the guest, or any members of your party leave any personal belongings inside the property you will be charged the cost of postage and packaging and an admin fee by the relevant housekeeping company, to have them returned to you. Any items found by the servicing company responsible for the property will be disposed of within 7 days if not claimed. All perishable foods will automatically be disposed of at the time of the changeover.
15. Perfect Stays will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of the owner or any other person not within their employ or otherwise under their control for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to personal property which the guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the occupation of the property unless Perfect Stays is responsible. In addition, the owners and Perfect Stays accept no liability for loss or damage to the guest’s possessions on the owner’s property or land.
16. The owner has been responsible for ensuring all descriptions and facilities listed for their property is correct. Every effort is made by Perfect Stays to ensure that information provided to you, the guest, is accurate and not misleading, but Perfect Stays cannot accept any liability or responsibility for mis-description by the owner in its material or publications.
17. We, Perfect Stays and you, the guest, agree that the law applying to this Contract will be English law and that we agree that the jurisdiction of the English Courts shall apply in any dispute or claim arising out of this agreement.
Renting a house for Film Projects
18. Should the property be rented by you as part of a film project, you will be required prior to acceptance of the booking by Perfect Stays to describe the nature and content of the proposed film. Perfect Stays reserve the right to refuse a booking and to require guests and occupier/s to leave the property forthwith if the nature of the film project is not as described at the time of the booking. This includes the making of pornography, portraying and/or representing material which is defamatory in any way or involves the depiction and/or representation of any unlawful act.
19. Perfect Stays reserves the right to amend the booking terms and conditions at any time and can confirm that the current set of terms and conditions will always be displayed on our website at any given time.